Illuminote Privacy Notice
Your privacy is very important to Illuminote, a California corporation (“Illuminote”).
This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding this data.
We may occasionally update this notice. We encourage our users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy or anything in this notice, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: October 8th, 2021
2. To whom does this notice apply?
This notice describes how Illuminote collects and uses personal data. This notice applies to all users of our website and all products and services offered by us, referred to as ‘users’ in this notice.
Users in California should additionally refer to the section of this notice below which provides information regarding Illuminote’s privacy practices related to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
3. What data do we collect?
The following data is collected by or on behalf of Illuminote:
A- Data provided by users. This includes information about yourself, and information you give us about trustees, trustors and attorneys:
- Email addresses
- Home addresses
- Dates of birth
- Payment information
B- Data created during use of our services. This includes:
- Usage data: we collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, pages viewed and other system activity and type of browser. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, server logs, plug ins and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see our Cookie Notice.
- Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address and operating systems and versions, software.
4. How do we use the data we collect?
Illuminote collects and uses data to enable us to provide you with our products and services. We also use the data we collect:
- For research and development of our products and services
- For customer support
- To comply with our legal obligations or to protect our rights
Illuminote does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for marketing purposes.
5. What data do we share with others, and why?
Illuminote may share the data we collect:
A- With Illuminote service providers and business partners
Illuminote provides data to its service providers or business partners. These include:
- Cloud storage providers
- Email marketing platforms
B- For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Illuminote may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
6. How long do we keep your data for?
Illuminote retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above. This means that we retain different categories of data for different periods of time depending on the category of user to whom the data relates, the type of data, and the purposes for which we collected the data.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time by contacting email@example.com. Illuminote may retain user data after a deletion request due to legal or regulatory requirements or for the reasons stated in this policy.
7. How do we secure your data?
Illuminote uses industry standard security measures to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We regularly review our security measures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. However, please be aware that, despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
8. What are our grounds for processing data?
We only collect and use personal data where we have lawful grounds to do so. These include processing user personal data to provide requested services and features, for purposes of Illuminote’s legitimate interests or those of other parties, to fulfill our legal obligations, or based on consent.
9. What about children’s data?
Illuminote is not directed to children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. What are my rights as a California resident?
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) allows consumers in California to opt-out of certain sharing of their data.
It is important for you to know that Illuminote does not sell your data. Please see above for further information on what data we collect and how we use it.
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. This is a web browser setting that requests that a web application disable its tracking of an individual user. If you choose to turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites to stop tracking your activity. Our website does respond to DNT signals.
California residents may request that Illuminote:
- Disclose the sources, categories, and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about them, how that information is used including the purpose, and with whom Illuminote shares it
- Delete their personal information
- Disclose, for any “sales” of personal information under the CCPA, the categories of personal information collected and sold and to what categories of third parties it was sold
- Opt them out of sales of their personal information (if any)
- Provide a copy of their personal information in a readily usable format that allows the information to be transmitted to others
- California residents may not be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described above.
California residents may exercise these rights by contacting Illuminote at email@example.com
11. Users outside of the United States
Illuminote is located in the United States. If you are a user based outside of the United States, you should be aware that any personal data you provide to us may be stored, processed, transferred between, and accessed from the United States and such other country in which you reside. By using our services, you consent to this transfer. We will protect the privacy and security of personal information as set out in this notice, regardless of where it is processed or stored; however, you explicitly acknowledge and consent to the fact that personal data stored or processed in the United States will be subject to the laws of the United States, including the ability of governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies of the United States to obtain disclosure of your personal information.